Life Mission Statement:
Diversity is reality. We are all connected through the increasing globalization of communications, trade, and labor practices. Changes in one part of the world affect people everywhere. Considering our increasingly interconnected problems, working together is the best strategy for accomplishing our goals. Because social and economic change barge swiftly across international & cultural borders, organizations are understanding the need to strive towards intercultural proficiency. We’re realizing that if we don’t improve our skills we’re welcoming gridlock. It is my mission to foster action along the continuum of cultural competence through five core ideas: (1) valuing diversity, (2) conducting cultural self-assessments, (3) understanding the dynamics of difference, (4) institutionalizing cultural knowledge, and (5) adapting to diversity. Embarking on this journey requires the kind of compassion and curiosity that can only be cultivated through challenging, colorful experiences and a desire for social change.
Deliverables & Features:
- As featured in Shoutout SoCal “Meet Dan Mueller: Community Organizer & Social Healer”
- As featured in San Diego Voyager’s Trailblazer Series: “Meet Trailblazer Dan Mueller”
- As featured on Food For Thought with Keith Langhorn: “Slow Food Urban San Diego”
- A Note from Your New Co-Chair
- Back to the Land & Beyond!
- In the Land of the Wood & Water
- A detailed Description of the activities I oversaw while serving in the Peace Corps
- An article I wrote for a Library Journal that dives into the Learning Landscape of Jamaica